44% of Yemen is food insecure
17 May 2012
Over 10 million Yemenis are food insecure
Yemen is a humanitarian disaster waiting to happen. Away from the media perception of the country, are women, men and young children suffering from food shortages caused by a severe drought which swept the country.
10 million people are struggling to find or afford sufficient food, half of which are severely food insecure. Malnutrition has followed, with 58% of children in the Hodeida district malnourished, and nearly one million children under 5 malnourished.
• 44% of the population food insecure and half of these are severely food insecure
• One million children under 5 malnourished
• 62% of the Yemeni population has access to improved water supply
• 84,000 children under five die every year in Yemen, which is equivalent to 250 deaths every day
• Only half the population has access to health services
09 October 2012
18 September 2012
25 May 2012
Please click here
to donate today. Your donation can save lives.